Saturday, August 16, 2014

My Top 5 Things: It's Missionary Fun!

DUM DUM DUMMMMMMMMM!!! This is the finale installment of my top 5 list and my final blog post as a missionary. Crazy right? 10 months and 61 posts later... Here is my final blog post from Mesa, AZ. Well... What is the grand topic and the #1 thing I have learned on my mission? Drum roll please....


MISSIONARY WORK IS NOT AS HARD AS IT SEEMS. DON'T FEAR, JUST INVITE!

Yes. I mean it. I used to think missionary work was really hard and only was real if you invited someone to meet with the missionaries! This is FALSE. Missionary work is something we all can do. 
In just a few days, I will be a member missionary instead of a full-time one. I have figured out 3 simple tips to help myself and others continue or begin to do missionary work. So buckle up and take some notes! You ready? Trust me, these are so simple I have seen children do them. You can too! Let's think of someone you have been wanting to invite to learn more. Got the person? Whomever he or she may be, a friend, family member, co-worker, the mail lady, arch nemesis, whomever. Okay, think how you can apply these tips and extend that invitation.

1) Love their guts! You need to love someone before they will understand why you are inviting them to know more. This one may not work with an arch nemesis, but you should learn to love them anyways. If you show love and sincerity, there is very little chance someone will get offended as the fear of so many is. Whomever you are inviting will see that you want to bless their life or at least try to help them. Serve 'em, love 'em, and be a friend. 

2) Pray for Chances To Invite. Prayer is key. Always be praying and asking your Heavenly Father He will guide you and help you know whom and how to invite. As you pray and seek opportunities to invite, the Holy Ghost will prompt you and you will know how to invite others to come unto Christ.

3) The Simpler The Invite The Better. First time inviter? Well, keep it simple to begin. There are so many ways to invite people. You don't have to start by inviting someone to meet with the missionaries (unless you feel promised to, of course). There are ward functions, visitor's centers, Young Men's and Young Women's activities, Special Events (Temple Open Houses, Cultural Celebrations etc.), Family Home Evening, Baptisms, Add the missionaries on  etc. Don't be afraid to invite to these things. You can invite someone easier if it is simple and specific.

Most important thing is to NEVER GIVE UP! If someone says no, continue the friendships. A no isn't the end of the world. Success comes in inviting. The more you invite the easier it is to. Don't fret over a no, the Lord is pleased with you for just inviting. 


So get out there and get inviting! You will be blessed and get to bless the lives of so many. Remember, "It's not missionary work, it's missionary fun!" (Elder Neil L. Anderson)

I want you all to know that I love being a missionary. This has been the great experience for my life. I have loved serving the people in Mesa and Globe, AZ. This place will always be a special place to me. You have helped me become the young women I am today so I thank you. This is the true gospel of Jesus Christ restored to the earth today. A 14 year old boy with a question did have a vision of God the Father and Jesus Christ and it was through him the church of Jesus Christ was restored. Christ is our Savior and died for us, but because He lives we do too. I know this is true and I pray you will seek it out in your heart for yourself if you do not have a testimony of this. Experiment. Ask your Father in Heaven. Don't take my word for it. I know it will change your life for the better. 

I love you all!
For the last time as a missionary, (but not the last time ever)
Love,
Sister Mackenzie Esmond

No comments:

Post a Comment