Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My Top 5 Things: In All Things

Hello! Welcome back! It's been a few days... Last time, my installment to this list was about catching lemons. Don't remember or missed it? Click here! Anyways, you ready for my #2 top thing I've learned? I am!

WE CAN FIND CONNECTIONS TO THE GOSPEL IN ALL GOOD THINGS...
ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS TO PAY ATTENTION

There is an art I have learned on my mission. This is sometimes referred to as bridging. Bridging is when you connect something from everyday life into the gospel. This is how I have extended my knowledge of the gospel, is connecting it with things that make sense to me.






Over the course of my mission, I have used cars, ice cream trucks, flowers, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Finding Nemo, and many others. I have learned those fun little movie quotes I grew up saying and hearing are things that have testified to me gospel truth. Good prevails over evil, ligh over darkness, Christ over the adversary. It's a beautiful things to know that all things testify of my Savior.



I love making these connections because it proves to me that we really do learn of our Savior in all we do. I particularly remember the day I connected many details of Harry Potter to truths of the gospel and they began to make sense to me. How love conquers all, because love is what drove Christ to sacrifice himself as an offerring for our sins. I remember thinking about the Mirror of Erised, a mirror that shows the desires of our hearts, and thinking what would it show for me? Would it show me living with my family forever in the presence of God? Also the tale fo the Deathly Hallows and how pride was the downfall of two of the brothers and they both tragically met their end by wanting more power, but one asked for something more humble, not to over take the power of the world, but to help himself stay out of the path of evil. It reminds me of the gospel and how we have the gospel and the guidance of the scriptures and prophets, both modern and of old to help us through our lives. There were many more, but this will suffice for now.

Are you trying to increase your gospel knowledge? Start trying to find ways and little connections of the things you understand to the gospel. If they are something good, they will manifest themselves to you. I know this for certain!

Well... Next one will be the last installment of this list. So for the last time this is...

TO BE CONTINUED

I love you all!
Love,
Sister Mackenzie Esmond

No comments:

Post a Comment