Thursday, August 7, 2014

My Top 5 Things: Being Instruments

Last Time we talked about Scriptures heroes... You ready for number 4????? Here it comes!

THE BEST THINGS WE CAN DO IS TO MAKE SURE
 WE ARE LISTENING TO THE SPIRIT 
SO THAT WE CAN BE INSTRUMENTS IN 
THE HANDS OF OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN

Okay, do you ever get the thought to call someone, text someone, or to do something kind? Do you ever feel as if you were in a certain place at a certain time to help someone? Or someone was placed in your path to answer your prayers?


I can't even tell you how many times I knew I was in an area for a reason, I have been assigned a certain companion for a reason, or have had certain leaders for a reason. All of these where both to do something Heavenly Father needed me to or I was somewhere because I needed to learn something from the area, companion, or leader. Does that make sense?

We can be led by promptings from the Spirit, the Holy Ghost, who influences us to do good and to do God's will. When we heed  His promptings we can become instruments in the hands of the Lord. Who wouldn't want to do that? Know that God is using us to help others to strengthen their faith?

I think back at my mission and the times I see when God used me, but more distinctly, when God used another to answer my prayers. This happened through a letter, a role play in a meeting, a simple phone call to see how we were doing, or even just taking an opportunity to get me to laugh. This is a blessing I will never forget.

Being an instrument in the hands of the Lord is a marvelous feeling because we get to help Him manifest His love for His children and in tur, we get to see them as He does. We get to be filled with His love.

So my challenge to you is to seek out opportunities to be Instruments in the Hands of the Lord. You will be blessed and will bless the lives of others! I know this, because I have bene on both ends. It's the greatest feeling in the world!!

And, once more, this list is...

TO BE CONTINUED!

I love you all!
Love,
Sister Mackenzie Esmond

No comments:

Post a Comment